Well, there goes Kelly‘s chance at having something all her own.
After weeks of rumored drama with her fellow X-Factor judges and and general on-set drama queen-ness, Kelly has allegedly quit X-Factor UK.
Kelly Rowland has left the X Factor in crisis after refusing to return to the show – following her fallout with co-star Tulisa Contostavlos.
The Destiny’s Child singer, 30, flew to Los Angeles this week, leaving her three hopefuls to work on their own performances alone.
And tonight, panicking X Factor bosses were forced into 11th hour meetings as Miss Rowland claimed she had a throat infection and would not be able fly back to the UK for the ITV show.
A statement read: ‘Kelly is devastated she won’t be here for this weekend’s show. She is extremely ill with a viral throat infection and her doctors aren’t permitting her to fly.
‘Kelly will be returning to the show as soon as she has recovered. The girls have been in touch to wish her a speedy recovery and they can’t wait for her to get back. More news as we have it.’
Kelly also told The Sun that she is suffering from an ‘extremely rare’ illness, and has been in tears about her situation all week.
She said: ‘I’m so sick – I have no idea what is wrong with me, but I have the worst sore throat.
‘I’ve been in tears all week. It got so bad that I stopped eating and drinking and got so dehydrated the doctor put me on a drip.
‘Even now I can’t swallow anything – not even my own saliva. The doctors don’t even really know what’s wrong, either. They say whatever I have is extremely rare.’
X Factor bosses are now looking for someone to replace her on the judging panel tonight. It had been thought to be Nicole Scherzinger, but this has now been denied by officials. Sources at the show have also denied that Simon Cowell will be joining the panel for the show.
A show source told the Daily Mail: ‘Quite honestly, it’s expected that the judges would have to be on their death bed to miss a show.
‘The fact that Kelly has a throat infection hardly seems that desperate.
‘The producers are less than impressed and we’ve have had less than 24 hours to pick someone to stand in for her.’
Miss Rowland is still not speaking to her fellow judge Miss Contostavlos after the pair fell out live on air on last week’s show.
And the insider added: ‘Kelly is turning into a real diva, she’s been on the phone to all the producers all week moaning about Tulisa’s antics.’
The N-Dubz singer, 23, had accused one of Miss Rowland’s hopefuls, Misha Bryan, of being mean to her own wannabes.
Fellow judge Louis Walsh then waded into the row by calling Misha, 19, a ‘bully’ – and was then forced to apologise to the viewers.
Miss Rowland had then fled the studio without speaking to Miss Contostavlos following last Sunday night’s results show.
And just a day later she flew to Los Angeles, although later denied reports that she had fled the country following her bust-up with her co-star, instead, saying it was a long-planned work trip.
Those Destiny’s Child checks must still be coming in pretty nicely, for Kelly to be this willing to put potential long-term money in jeopardy like this.