This guy doesn’t really expect anyone to feel sorry for him, does he?
“Former Future French President” Dominque Strauss-Kahn spoke about all his hotel rape allegations for the first time yesterday, in a letter to his former colleagues at the IMF.
Dominique Strauss-Kahn, who resigned last week as head of the International Monetary Fund in the face of sexual assault charges, told the fund’s staff of his “profound sadness and frustration in having to leave under these circumstances” in an e-mail obtained by CNN.
“I deny in the strongest possible terms the allegations which I now face,” Strauss-Kahn wrote to his former employees.
IMF acting head John Lipsky forwarded the e-mail to the fund’s staff Sunday evening. It was then obtained exclusively by CNN’s Nina dos Santos.
The Frenchman said he is confident that he will be exonerated of charges of attacking a hotel maid in New York, but he could not “accept that the Fund — and you dear colleagues — should in any way have to share my own personal nightmare. So, I had to go.”
He praises his former colleagues effusively in the e-mail, saying, “What the institution has achieved in the last three and a half years is the fruit of your thinking, your work, your conviction,” and signs off, “Thank you, good luck for the future, and au revoir. Dominique.”
Nope: still not a shred of sympathy for this habitual line-stepper