Bossip Video

Posted by Bossip Staff

Some college students in North Dakota get a bit beside themselves in a campus performance:

North Dakota State University is investigating complaints about a campus skit in which a white student in blackface portrayed Barack Obama receiving a lap dance. People who attended it said a pageant contestant from Saddle and Sirloin dressed as a woman from the Internet video “I Got a Crush on Obama” and performed a strip tease for another student, who was wearing dark makeup and an afro wig.

In the background, two male students dressed as cowboys simulated anal sex while holding an Obama sign that one student ripped at the conclusion of the 30-second performance, the Forum reported.

Josh Reimnitz, who is the NDSU student body president and saw the skit, called it “totally tasteless” and said he and other audience members were shocked. “Honestly, I still don’t know what the intention of the skit was. It was very silent, and there were some boos. People were looking at each other, not knowing how to act.”

“It doesn’t matter if you’re rural. It doesn’t matter if you’re from Fargo or Beulah, N.D.,” said Joy Rice, a black Fargo resident and a member of the city’s human relations commission. “You still need to respect people of color, in all aspects of life. This is a form of racism, and it’s really taking a step back.”

SMH at these college kids. This reminds us of some ish that went down at UConn last year, with the law students throwing a “Bullets and Bubbles” party.

Source

Comments

Bossip Comment Policy
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.