Tyrese Responds To Allegations He Beat His Daughter
Tyrese… BRUH! What is going on over there??? After days of beefing and back and forths with The Rock over a ‘Fast & Furious’ spinoff news broke today that the actor formerly known as Jody was hit with a restraining order by his ex-wife Norma who filed on behalf of their young daughter Shayla.
According to The Blast reports Norma Gibson says that on August 19th, while 10-year-old Shayla was staying with her father,
“went into a rage, pushed our daughter to the ground, pinned her face down, put his knees on her back, grabbed her hands with one arm and beat her with the other.”
She claims the fight started after Tyrese accused his daughter of “stealing her own piggy bank money that she received for her birthday.”
Norma claims the child was beaten again several times after she “begged for mercy, ” and screamed, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry! Please stop! You’re hurting me!”
She says their daughter later told her, “mum, dad beat me so hard that it hurts when I sit down.”
Tyrese’s former wife also says she fears the actor may abduct their kid to Dubai, where he frequently visits, which would prevent her from bringing their “daughter home from a Muslim country.” She claims he has significant influence and power with the royals in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
These two haven’t been on good terms since their split, and Norma also says Tyrese has a long history of domestic abuse, and has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and manic behavior while he claims everything she’s saying is false — especially the allegations he abused her daughter.
BUT Norma must’ve had some kinda receipts because the judge granted the request for protection and barred Tyrese from directly or indirectly contacting his ex or daughter until the hearing October 2. Norma now has physical custody of their daughter and Tyrese received no visitation.
YIKES!!!! Crazy right. But if you think that’s crazy, it gets even crazier. Tyrese couldn’t resist responding to the allegations on social media — basically DRAGGING his ex and accusing her of being bitter and unable to move on since their divorce and claiming she’s jealous he has a new wife.
Peep the post below:
Do you believe him?
Hit the flip for the rundown on his abusive history according to his ex
According to The Blast reports, Norma says Tyrese was abusive towards her at least six times during their relationship:
1. In 2002 Gibson beat his then girlfriend so badly, she was hospitalized.
2. In 2004, Tyrese pushed Norma down the stairs at their home when, “I did not do as I was told.”
3. In 2007, Tyrese caused Norma’s nose to bleed after hitting her while they were in the car. She says a passerby called 911, and she was treated by paramedics.
4. When Tyrese was younger, he beat his 12-year-old brother “bloody” to teach him a lesson. She says the boy’s shirt was soaked in blood, and his eyes and nose were “smashed and swollen.”
5. In 2007, Tyrese came home late and repeatedly hit Norma as she lay in bed sleeping. She points out she was four months pregnant at the time.
6. In 2011, Tyrese hit Norma in the face while she held their daughter because she took too long to arrive for a scheduled pickup.
The actor’s lawyer addressed the claims of abuse, calling it a falsehood and “flat out lie.” His legal team promises Norma they will pursue damages against her if she continues with the claims.