Ayesha Curry’s Amaretto Pound Cake With Lemon Glaze
Ingredients for Cake:
Confectioners’ sugar for dusting the muffin tin
1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1 packed cup dark brown sugar
3 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
¹/³ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tbsp amaretto
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp bitters, such as Angostura
2 tbsp grated lemon zest
Ingredients for Glaze:
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ tsp bitters, such as Angostura
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 4-inch by 8-inch loaf pan and dust with confectioners.
2. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a larger bowl, whisk brown sugar, eggs, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, amaretto, vanilla, bitters and lemon zest. Using a spatula, gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Let it cool for about 10 minutes, then unmold and cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Make the glaze: In a bowl, whisk confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice and bitters until smooth and creamy. Once the cake has cooled to room temperature, pour glaze over the top. Slice and serve.